Thread: freeview tv

Thanks

freeview tv

I am bringing over to spain a recently purchased 16inch Matsui LCD+DVD+FREEVIEW from England
    If i fit a Spanish TV ariel will i receive spanish freeview...and can i have it in english
    and also,can i run it in the bed room from my sky box in the lounge as well

Thank you

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

Re: freeview tv

from the FAQ's on the main site - the same applies to TVs with freeview built in
    WILL MY UK FREEVIEW BOX WORK IN SPAIN

Many UK Freeview boxes do work in Spain, but there are a few issues – you must ensure the box can scan frequency 69 – a frequency that is not used in the UK but it is in Spain. Also UK boxes may not be able to change programmes into their original language as some UK boxes are programmed to look for English, Welsh and Gaelic language “tags”, where as in Spain they use different language tags like “Dos” or “VO” (Version Original), or “Multi” or “Und”, SET does use an “English” tag.
    so firstly to get all tdt cghannels, make sure your tv can scan spains channel 69 frequency - chekc the country settings in the tv....
    you will only get programmes in english if
    1. your tv recognised the "other language" flags like VO, Dos, Qaa etc...if not then you will not be able to change the soundtrack on your tv
    2. not all channels or programmes are available in english....

i would not be too sure if the crapsui will do much of this....normally freeview receivers only have English, Welsh and Gaelic language options...and they may only be configured for UK TV only...but buying a TDT receiver in spain would help overcome these problems...

you can connect a sky box to a second tv two ways....via cable from the rf of the sky box to the rf of the tv, and use a "sky magic eye" to change channels.... or buy an av transmitter receiver system....like the televes 7307 (will soon be on the main site somewhere!) and will allow you to change channels.
    both sytsems have ads and disads....the cable system may not work form a sky box to a spanish tv...and you are limited to the location of the tv by where the cable can go...the av senders are more flexible, conenct by scart, but can be affected by wireless internet routers, bluetooth, and microwaves as all the frequencies these use are very close together and "trip over" one another...

hope this helps...
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thread Information