Thread: Dazed & Confused

Thanks

Dazed & Confused

Hi
    I am totally new to all of this so please be patient. I had a 1.9 dish installed and the reception was atrocious, we were told the dish needed raising one metre and the extension pole would take 6 weeks. After a month I decided I would have a go myself to align the dish. I marked the pole and Lnb and measured the angle. After three or four attempts I have got what I feel is a watch able system, however the system loses signal twice a day mainly movies. The receiver was originally setup to 12129 after I played with the dish the transponder is now 11778. I have read that 12129 is best for Spain, I have tried changing back to 12129 but to no avail as it keeps reverting to 11778. What satellite do I need to focus on as I believe both frequencies are from Astra 2a
    System is Sky plus box full sky package, 1.9 prime focus dish with a dual Invacom Lnb. We are living in Torrevieja area.
    Hope this makes sense
    Cheers s

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

Re: Dazed & Confused

Hi

The receiver was originally setup to 12129 after I played with the dish the transponder is now 11778. I have read that 12129 is best for Spain, I have tried changing back to 12129 but to no avail as it keeps reverting to 11778.
    From the Main Site (Default Frequency Settings for Sky receivers in Spain)
    and Section 6 of this (UK Sky TV in Spain)

NO SATELLITE SIGNAL BEING RECEIVED / HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT TRANSPONDER FREQUENCY SETTINGS FOR SPAIN

When a Sky receiver is turned on the first time the first thing it tries to do is to download from the satellite 6 hours of EPG information. It must have this information to start to function. Unfortunately, the frequency that the decoder initially looks for (11778) is one of the weaker signals in Spain and the Costa Blanca, especially during the afternoons. The default frequency must be changed to another frequency (such as 12129) to enable the initial information download.

In most cases, after a successful download the default transponder will return to 11778. This is normal.

Changing this default transponder does not increase how long channels are available, no matter what people tell you. It is only used to �assist� the receiver to boot up. For example if you change the default transponder to another frequency, say 12129, then when you ask the receiver to change to sky news the receivers will look for Sky News on 12207, and as a basic Sky receiver can only look at one frequency at a time, the default transponder setting of 12129 is not used and overridden. So this is why changing the default transponder does not increase the time a channel is available.

And everytime you press the TV Guide, Services, Box Office or Interactive bbuttons the reciver will look at the frequency 11778 as this is the frequency thathe backgound music is on.

however the system loses signal twice a day mainly movies
    some of the movie channels are on the much weaker North beam, and therefore will go off sometimes. in my area this is abut late afternoon to early evening. its impact can be minimised by realigning the dish and adjusting the skew of the lnb (rotation angle).
    What satellite do I need to focus on as I believe both frequencies are from Astra 2a
    uk tv and sky is transmitted from 5 satellite astra 2a,b,c,d and eurobird 1. normally with big dishes you align to astra 2d where bbc and itv are

hope this helps...
    Last edited by satandpcguy; 5th August 2010 at 07:43 AM.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks

Hi
    Looking at tacksat.com I see Astra2d frequencies range between 10.714-10.936 do I set the sat finder mid range or do you suggest picking BBC1 or ITV1 frequencies
    Info helped greatly
    The fog is clearing buts its mighty thick
    Cheers s

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

if all you are using is a basic satellite beeper / meter go for a bbc1 region...and if you feel really good try bbc2...but location may mean youhave to try and get bbc2 at about 9pmish!!
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks

Hi

Many thanks for all your support

Cheers s

Thread Information