Thread: spanish tv

Thanks

spanish tv

Could you possibly explain what these sat-engineers have done !!!!

Our community decided on a communal dish. I have a 1.8m dish so didnít need to go with the communal set-up, the problem I have which has been going on now for some two months or more is that since the system was installed
    we have all lost our Spanish TV. ??? They never run new cables for the communal dish so I feel they have used the Spanish cable for the communal dish ?? I could be wrong.!!!!! They have had lots of problems with picture quality and I believe they have around 20 channels. I have spoken to our president and he said they have informed him that the fault is the Spanish builders ???

I realise you couldnít comment on the system with out seeing it but would you say they have cannibalised the Spanish system ??

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

Re: spanish tv

normally for community installation i would lay all new cable where possible.
    i would not touch an exisitng installation unless i was asked to.
    if you have lost the spanish channels since the installation of the community dish then i would be certain that the dish installers are using the spanish tv cables.
    many "rebroadcaster" installers also did this when installing their systems, use whatever cable it there snip and install. many have found this recently when their rebroadcast systems were turned off and they tried to get their spanish tv system up an running again.

They have had lots of problems with picture quality and I believe they have around 20 channels.
    no too sure what you mean by this. if they have had a proper installation then they should be getting over 100 free tv channels from the satellite. unless
    a) it is a rebroadcast system they have installed
    b) they have installed a series of receivers at the comms room / head end, with each receiver tuned onto one channel, then those signals sent down the existing cabling (in theory this is also rebroadcasting!) - so each household will not have their own receiver, they just plug in a tv cable into the socket, scan for channels and watch - not a good community system at all.
    c) they are just crap installers

a trip with a camera to the comms room where the TV equipment is installed would reveal what they have done
    its unlikey the spanishbuilders have done anythings wrong especially if the system was working ok prior to installation.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks

thanks for reply ---- yes if I can get into the com will take a pic but not very likely ??
    I believe they had to get someone in to align the dish ??????
    they where going to just plug there tv and scan but some thing went wrong, they have now given everyone a receiver which must have cost at least five euro which has pulled in more channels, had a look at a neighbours and yes they have got more instead of the one BBC & one ITV they have eight of each channel ie BBC wales BBC London BBC Scotland ect ??
    no channel 4 or 5 no sky news because I believe they have opted for two film channels
    true movies one and two
    I have now been told that the people who still want the Spanish system they will have to come and bell the feed to the com-room so they can reconnect ???? what ever that means I am just not very happy loosing our Spanish TV along with quite a few others !!!! I think the next step would be legal advise because after all we have all paid for the Spanish system in the purchase of the villaís

Thanks

Supposed to be getting our Spanish Tv back ok great !! everyone has just received this email

2. We have the opportunity to get 13 SKY channels, which are,
    SKY SPORTS 2 IRELAND, SKY SPORTS 1 ( UK), SKY SPORTS 3,CARTOONITO, TCM 2 ( FILM CHANNEL)
    DISCOVERY CHANNEL, ANIMAL PLANET, DISCOVERY REALTIME, DISCOVERY TRAVEL & LIVING, DISCOVERY SCIENCE, DISCOVERY KNOWLEDGE, DISCOVERY HOME AND HEALTH (UK), DISCOVERY TURBO,
    However to get this done it needs to be a unanimous decision and the cost would be 30 euros per household( one off payment).

How is this possible just using a 2m dish ???????????

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

Sky channels are subscription based, where the user has to pay for a viewing card each month. are you getting your own viewing card to view these channels?

with a sky sports sub you should get sky sport 1,2,3, xtra.
    and one of the sky entertainment mixes (approx 30plus channels!)
    this alone is 36 GBP per month.

I would seriously question your installer and his intentions / plans.
    How he can do this for a one off payment - especially if they channels they say you can get are monthly pay tv subscription channels?
    WIll you get your own Sky receiver?
    WIll you get your own Sky viewing card?
    Is he actually tryimg to get yo to sign up to some form of rebroadcast system?
    or does he plan to have a stack of receivers in a "head station", each programmed to a specific channel? (this can also be classed as rebroadcasting, and the users do not have control over the many channels available on satellite (ie no bbc test / interactive options), just the channels that are piped into your system)

if he does offer this "head station" option then work out the maths....
    he will need 13 sky cards for the 13 sky channels they say
    for one mix each this is £17 per month (sports channels are 36 a month but i am simplifying this!)
    works out at 2500 GPB a year.....
    how can he offer this for a one off payment of 30 EUROS!!

most of the sky channels you mention can actually be received on an 80cm dish!!!

also, if it was a proper community installation each house would have access to ALL bbc channels (there are about 20plus of them) all ITV channels (itv 1,2,3,4) and about 150plus other free to air tv channels.

question him before you do any thing...my main concern would be how he can offer monthly pay TV channels for a one off payment of 30 euros!!!!

i am really looking forward to a reply to this...

If you prefer email me and we can discuss this there an a bit more privately...and more deitals can be shared!
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thread Information