Thread: Freesat Reception .

Thanks

Freesat Reception .

I live a little further down the coast on Costa Almeria but hope you might help. At present I receive Sky through an old Grundig digi-box and a 1.2 m Channel master dish . I have no problem with reception of Sky . I now want to purchase a Humax freesat recorder and stop the Sky subsciption. Do you think I will encounter any problems. I realise I shall have to change the Lnb and cable etc and would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks. Ronboy.

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

Re: Freesat Reception .

if you are going for freeshat for the HD channles you will only get bbc hd or ITV HD if you can already receive a bbc (not bbc news or pariliament) or ITV channels. c4 HD is only on a sky box at the moment.

many more channels are available on a sky box without a sky card than on the freesat EPG! and with your sky card you can get those ITVS and c4 on the stronger signal (12402 and 12480)...which you cannot get on a freesat box.

you can get all the recording and playback functions with a sky+ box. you need any sky subscription for these to be activated. even witrh a skyhd+ box (and no HD subscription you will get BBCHD ITVHD and C4 for free. all other skyhd channles you will need to pay an extra 10permonth.

for either freeshat+ or sky+ you will need a twin output LNB as minimum and two cables from the LNB to the receiver.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks

Re: Freesat Reception .

Just to say thank you for all your advice .Think we will stay with Sky and get a Sky+ HD box. Once again thank you and I think the site is brilliant . Ron.

Thread Information