Thread: Large Offset Dish for use in Alicante area

Thanks

Large Offset Dish for use in Alicante area

Hi

I currently own a home in Gran Alacant (GA) near the airport south of Alicante. In 2002 when I took delivery of the house I had a offset 1.2 m (made by C.M. I believe) dish installed which at the time was sized to receive Astra 2a,to 2c. When BBC moved to Astra 2D in 2004 it left me with only channel 4 and 5 to watch and other north/ south beams channels. Since that time I have upgraded the dish with Invercom (4 channel) LNB and Pace 2600c1 receiver and this upgrade does allow very limited BBC/ ITV programs to be watched at certain times of the year and certain times of the day.

I realise that to get BBC and ITV then I need a larger dish, but I do want to stay with offset dish and wall mounted. My current dish has a 3" pole mount, it is in a very sheltered corner of my property (from wind) so does not get effected by weather.

So my question is what is the mamimum size of offset dish that can be wall mounted ( 1.8 m?) and will upgrading to a 1.8 m dish help me get BBC and ITV on a more consistant basis. What is the best offset dish manufacturer and what does a 1.8 m dish cost in Spain. I dont need a LNB or receiver just a dish upgrade. I can even re-use the 3 " wall mount if the new dish is same size pole fixing.

Thanks in advance: terence

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

Re: Large Offset Dish for use in Alicante area

Quote Originally Posted by Terence Oldham
    So my question is what is the mamimum size of offset dish that can be wall mounted ( 1.8 m?) and will upgrading to a 1.8 m dish help me get BBC and ITV on a more consistant basis. What is the best offset dish manufacturer and what does a 1.8 m dish cost in Spain. I dont need a LNB or receiver just a dish upgrade. I can even re-use the 3 " wall mount if the new dish is same size pole fixing.
    Thanks in advance: terence
    Hi,

1.8m dishes are able to be wall mounted - but with caution. walls wqith concrete breeze blocks are very stong and good for supporting dishes. walls with the red "hole" brick is not strong and i would advise against installing a dish on a redbrick wall.
    Yes a 1.8 will get you bbc and itv on a more consistent basis than your current dish. a 2.4 will get it even more consistently!!
    I understand (as i dont use offsets my self - i prefer the prime focus famaval dishes) that channel master 1.8 offsets are good, but as i have hardly seen any in my area so cannot say much about their performance or reception of "tricky channels (c4, bbc2) compared to other dishes.
    you could try dss in finestrat (near carrefour) as a supplier that is close to you.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thread Information