Thread: Technomate Reciever

Thanks

Technomate Reciever

Hi
    I am new to all this but learning fast, I have a Technomate 1500 reciever currently running on a 80cm dish which getts me a very limited amount of channels I am in the midst of upgrading to a 1.4 metre dish. My question is will I be able to recieve ITV,BBc etc without a viewing card ? also if I purchase a Sky FTV card will this work in my reciever and what would the advantages be

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

Re: Technomate Reciever

ok i hope for the last time........bbc and iTV and c4 are free tv channels
    you do not need a viewing card for free tv channels - (but for a few ITV regions you do)
    you do need a card (at the moment) to receive channel 5 (this is a free to view channel , not free to air channel)
    all you need are a dish (or the relevant size for your area to get the signals) and a digital satellite receiver.

you will not get the main bbc or itv channels on your 80cm dish

a sky FTV card will work on a sky receiver
    a sky card will work on other receivers if you can find software for the receiver that allows you to "patch" your receiver to use a sky card.
    this software is not available for all receivers.
    it is not known if this software will work if / when sky change their sky cards / encryption (now rumoured to be april 2009)
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Satellite dish being used
    Famaval 1m
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Strong SRT 7000
    Thanks

Hi Gallows,
    Please keep us informed of what you can receive on a 1.4 dish. What is your location, thanks, Ed

Thanks

yea likewise if you wouuld,nt mind.
    i might get away on my roof with a 1.4
    without being noticed.
    i took two out with me technomate boxes that is and on my mates 1metre dish we had quite a bitt of good fortune and got channel four.
    no other main stream stuff though but loads off news and those freesat film channels etc.
    my 80cm got bbc news plus use of the red button which was as good as the sky results service saturday afternoon. the film channels etc got sky news as well.
    now on the 19dgree east astra i first run it down the search on my 80cm dish and got several hundred tv and radio station the polish gol channel has wall to wall prem football all in english and even the 3 ocklock kick offs all for a price of 130ukl per year .
    so im.e deffo looking down that avenue for the future.
    i would like to say i am now sticking with the dish as the pay to view re broadcast companys have been an easy fix as they had all the stuff i pay 48ukl a month for in the uk. but now they are not showing it the only way you can access it is buy using a dish with your own box what i saw last week the posssibilities are endless.
    and i would like to thank this site for the usefull info. and help i am back out in a few weeks and look forward to searching the sats in more detail.

Thread Information