Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

ITV In Spain

ITV are changing some of their channels about. Apparently they have lost one of their Astra 2D transponders / frequencies. So they are moving some ITV regions from Astra 2D to Astra 2B.
    Astra 2B's beam is stronger and can in theory be received on a 1.2m dish inthe mornings and evening, but maybe not during the afternoon (use Channel4) as a benchmark.
    This does mean that ITV is easy on a big dish.
    The regions affected are
    Anglia West
    Tyne Tee South
    Meridian South East
    Meridian North
    Yorkshire East
    However, these regions on Astra 2B are only viewable on a Sky receiver with a Sky card.
    It looks like these regions will not be available on a Freesat box.

To access it you must first add the channel :

Services, 4, 4, 12402, V, 27500, 2/3 Ė press yellow and select.

The channel will be stored in your other channels list - at the monenth they do not have any region identifiers.

We do not know who is taking over the soon to be free transponders / frequency.

You will still need a big dish to get BBC channels though as these are not affected

Update:
    Weird things are happening with ITVís channels at the moment. Some are free to air but you still need a big dish to receive them , some are free to view (ie sky card or ftv card required) but are available on smaller (1.2 and 80cm) dishes, and some are not available for free not on Freesat or sky receivers, but other receivers!!
    Will update later when i know more!
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks

Re: ITV In Spain

hi new to the forum, i have a holiday home in playa flemenca, had tele micra ,not now. also got a 1mt dish, .2 lnb. pace reciever, and a card i bring with me from uk, not married to box, but get most of family package, not bbc, itv, 4, get 5 ok this new frequency for itv on 2b do you think it is possible to pick this up in my location? there is a company in quaseda, who claim to sell a high performance 1.35 dish which will pick up bbc and itv do you think this is possible thanks, ps have you extended your installation area down this far

Thanks

hi new to the forum, i have a holiday home in playa flemenca, had tele micra ,not now. also got a 1mt dish, .2 lnb. pace reciever, and a card i bring with me from uk, not married to box, but get most of family package, not bbc, itv, 4, get 5 ok this new frequency for itv on 2b do you think it is possible to pick this up in my location? there is a company in quaseda, who claim to sell a high performance 1.35 dish which will pick up bbc and itv do you think this is possible thanks, ps have you extended your installation area down this far

Hi and welcome,

re itv on 12402: give it a go, as i do not have much local knowledge of your area i cannot say for certain, but on a 1.35m dish where i am you can get it most of the day (apart from a small period around 5oclock!)
    i think a 1.35m dish does indeed pick up bbc and itv, but not bbc2, in your area, and for aholiday home it should be ok, rather than spending money on a 1.8m dish...which is the next size up!
    with the current situation i have been considering expanding further south, but not made a decision at the moment as i am very busy in may area!
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain

Thanks

ok thanks for reply

Thanks

hi again what make is the 1.35 dish, and do you no the db spec on it, i have also heard about a 1.4 do you nowhat make that one is and who sells it on the costa thanks geoff

Thanks

Actually, no one makes a 1.45m dish but htere is a Famaval 1.4m prime focus dish?
    I think that the Famaval 1.4m is only a tad better than the Gibertini and ASC signal 1.35m offset dishes.
    Someone on another forum gave these indicators - Gibertini & ASC signal 120 cm 41.3dBi @10.95 ghz, Famalval 140 cm 41.8 dBi @10.95 ghz.
    The Sat and PC Guy

Thanks

I have followed your instruction for receiving ITV and can access it via my Sky controller following your instruction. But is there any way of actually storing the ITV channel rather than having to go through Services pressing 6 and then highlighting the channel?

Its really a pain to have to do this every time you actually flick through the other channels (channel hopping) then want to go back to ITV and its not there.

Any help please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacton
    I have followed your instruction for receiving ITV and can access it via my Sky controller following your instruction. But is there any way of actually storing the ITV channel rather than having to go through Services pressing 6 and then highlighting the channel?

Its really a pain to have to do this every time you actually flick through the other channels (channel hopping) then want to go back to ITV and its not there.

Any help please
    there is no other way of accessing the channels stored in "Other Channels"

if you want to make the ITV 1 region easier to access, and you want it to be on channel 103, then you will have to call sky and ask them to change your UK address to an address in that specific ITV region...then your 103 (and bbc 101) region will change, but is this actually worth doing for the sake of pressing a few buttons on a remote...??
    The Sat and PC Guy

Thanks

No but I have found a way, all I have done is make the ITV channel my only favourite channel then all I have to do is press the blue button and press enter.

At least now my wife can access it easier.

Once again thanks for your answer

Thanks

sorry, i was under the impression you wanted to access the ITV regions that are in your "Other Channels" list and not in your EPG...i didnt think that they could be added to your favourites list, which is why i did not mention favourites in my reply.

Or do you mean you added 993 (ITV London) to your favourites...
    The Sat and PC Guy

Thread Information