Smart DNS Services
If you try to use the UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV services on a Freesat set top box or a Sky+HD digibox in Spain from a country other than the UK and ROI, you will be blocked from viewing content.
This is because the UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV content will only be made available to users connecting to the internet using a UK server. This is controlled by checking the IP address for your internet connection.
Your Spanish IP address will be blocked, so UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV content will NOT be available to you on your Freesat set top box or a Sky+HD digibox in Spain.
This is because the UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV content will only be made available to users connecting to the internet using a UK server.
Using a SMART DNS server this “tricks” the UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV services into thinking you are connecting from the UK, and not connecting from Spain.
Our Recommended SMART DNS for UK TV in Spain
1. CLick on the Smart DNS Banner above
2. Select “Start Now”
3. Choose your pricing package
4. Select Payment method, and create your Smart DNS account
5. Check your emails for confirmation (the emails may be in your “junk” or “spam” folders.
6. In your account Dashboard, go to Packages
7. In your account go to Smart DNS
8. Validate your IP Address.
The UK TV Broadcasters are always searching for users accessing their services from abroad using DNS services. They then blacklist those server and access to the UK TV Catch Up and On Demand services will be prevented.