How to set up the L2TP connection on your UK TV Router
1. Log into the router by going to the IP address 192.168.5.1 in your internet browser.
In some cases you may have to connect the router directly to the PC and not via your existing router to do this part.
In some cases the router may not load using your current internet browser.
2. Input your UK TV Routers User name and Password (Usually user uktvvpn pass uktvvpn or user uktv pass uktv)
3. In the router DDWRT interface click on “Setup”. Right below it, click on “Basic Setup” and you’ll see the “WAN Setup”.
Now please edit the fields as follows:
4. WAN Connection Type:
- Connection Type: Choose “L2TP” from the drop-down menu.
- Gateway (L2TP server): Enter any of the server IPs that you can find by logging into the VPN Control Panel and clicking on “Software & Help“. Then click on “View” next to “Manually set-up VPN – No software“. Copy and paste the server IP address that you wish to connect to.
- Username: Your HMA! account username
- Password: Type your special PPTP password. It can be found by logging into the VPN Control Panel and clicking on “Software & Help“. Then click on “View” next to “Manually set-up VPN – No software“
- Edit connection settings as explained below:
- Enable “Use DHCP”
- Enable “Require CHAP”
- Disable “Refuse PAP”
- Enable “Require Authentication”
- Disable Receive IPTV
- Connection Strategy: Check “Keep Alive” (Redial Period 30 seconds)
5. Optional Settings:
- STP: Disable “STP” option
6. Network Address Sever Settings (DHCP):
- DHCP Type: Select “DHCP Server” from the drop-down menu
- Enable “DHCP server“
- Static DNS 1: Enter 126.96.36.199
- Static DNS 2: Enter 188.8.131.52
- Static DNS 3: Enter 184.108.40.206
Note: Settings / fields that were not mentioned, leave as default or blank.
When you’re done, please double-check the settings you have modified (use the image below as a reference) and then first click “Save” and then after “Apply Settings”