During the early hours of 27 September 2012, the BBC will be making some changes to its BBC HD frequencies and transponder.
These changes include chaning from QPSK to 8PSK, and changing the FEC from 8/9 FEC to 2/3.
This will allow more HD capacity and channels on the BBC HD transponder. And this extra HD capacity will be used for the forthcoming launch of BBC One HD for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
[B]The BBC HD Changes For Sky Box Users[/B]
If you have Sky, you should not notice the change and shouldn’t have to do anything on or after 27 September. If you do have an issue receiving the BBC HD channels from this date you can try unplugging your Sky set top box, waiting 30s and plugging it back in again. If that doesn’t resolve your problem it’s best to contact Sky on 08442 411 653.
[B]The BBC HD Changes For Freesat Box Users[/B]
If you have Freesat you may need to put your HD box or TV into standby for 30 seconds and then switch it back on again to continue to receive the two BBC HD channels; if the channels are still unavailable then carry out a ‘Freesat channel retune’. During last year’s changes we found that a small number of devices didn’t store the information after a Freesat retune so if that happens try a ‘first time installation’ or ‘full factory reset’. Full instructions can be found in the manual for your digital TV or box. Further help with retuning can be found at www.freesat.co.uk or by calling their customer support team on 08450 990 990
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!