During the early hours of 27 September 2012, the BBC will be making some changes to its BBC HD frequencies and transponder.
These changes include chaning from QPSK to 8PSK, and changing the FEC from 8/9 FEC to 2/3.
This will allow more HD capacity and channels on the BBC HD transponder. And this extra HD capacity will be used for the forthcoming launch of BBC One HD for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
[B]The BBC HD Changes For Sky Box Users[/B]
If you have Sky, you should not notice the change and shouldn’t have to do anything on or after 27 September. If you do have an issue receiving the BBC HD channels from this date you can try unplugging your Sky set top box, waiting 30s and plugging it back in again. If that doesn’t resolve your problem it’s best to contact Sky on 08442 411 653.
[B]The BBC HD Changes For Freesat Box Users[/B]
If you have Freesat you may need to put your HD box or TV into standby for 30 seconds and then switch it back on again to continue to receive the two BBC HD channels; if the channels are still unavailable then carry out a ‘Freesat channel retune’. During last year’s changes we found that a small number of devices didn’t store the information after a Freesat retune so if that happens try a ‘first time installation’ or ‘full factory reset’. Full instructions can be found in the manual for your digital TV or box. Further help with retuning can be found at www.freesat.co.uk or by calling their customer support team on 08450 990 990
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Popular streaming app Mobdro not working and closed down?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.