Spanish satellite pay-TV operator Canal+ seems to be experiencing a crisis, with subscriber numbers stalling and now premium channels beginning to leave its schedule.
According to market sources quoted by Mundoplus.TV, Discovery Networks is to remove its main channel Discovery Channel from Canal+ after rumours that Discovery is to buy into Eurosport.
Discovery Channel was one of the early channels to launch on the platform back in 1997. But recently the American company changed its strategy in Spain by launching a DTT free-to-air channel called Discovery MAX and this has led to Discovery Channel losing some of its attraction to viewers.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Freesports HD has left Freesat.
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?