Spanish satellite pay-TV operator Canal+ seems to be experiencing a crisis, with subscriber numbers stalling and now premium channels beginning to leave its schedule.
According to market sources quoted by Mundoplus.TV, Discovery Networks is to remove its main channel Discovery Channel from Canal+ after rumours that Discovery is to buy into Eurosport.
Discovery Channel was one of the early channels to launch on the platform back in 1997. But recently the American company changed its strategy in Spain by launching a DTT free-to-air channel called Discovery MAX and this has led to Discovery Channel losing some of its attraction to viewers.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released