Interesting to hear that some companies offering “IPTV” in Spain, as ring people up and saying “You will lose your Satellite TV later this year, but our IPTV system will work fine”
A few points:
a) How do these companies know what the signal will be like in Spain for a satellite that has not yet left the factory, and will not be operational until September?
b) How do these companies know if all of Spain will be affected or only some areas be affected – like the fact between Alicante and Valencia we can get the first new satellite nice and easily on a 1m satellite dish…
c) No matter what, you will always be able to receive SOME UK TV channel via satellite, as some of the channels are on a “European beam” which is nice and easy to receive, and some channels are not even on the Astra satellites that are being replaced!
d) They fail to mention what the quality of IPTV / internet TV is like – which is pretty poor when you watch it on your 50” HD TV – especially when compared to the full 1080 HD image which you can get on Freesat HD and Sky HD – which you can get on a 1m satellite dish!
True, later this year things may change, they may not, they may change for the better, they may change for the worse.
But until it happens, no-one knows for sure.
So why do these companies insist that they know that all of UK TV in Spain will end later this year, and try to confuse and scare people into thinking they will lose their UK TV channels in Spain come the new satellites, Oh I know – doom and gloom for sales purposes, and to confuse people into buying something when in fact, come September, all UK TV may still be available in Spain!
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- UK TV Problems in the UK in 2021
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Valencia to Gandia Train Timetables 2018
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- Dreambox Confusion – Satellite receiver or Android TV
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today