Adam Crozier, ITV chief, has said that ITV does have the potential for other channels.
He said that a new ITV channel could work and be either free-to-watch or a subscription service.
Last year, it was rumoured that ITV had been investigating potential pay-TV channel launches.
The ideas discussed were a channel to air its archive back catalogue and one that would carry premium US acquisitions.
A source said at the time that the strong ratings enjoyed by free-to-air service ITV3 are evidence of the potential offered by a channel focusing on historic content.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- 60ft WWII satelite dishes found in field in Lincolnshire.
- Live FA Cup Football on Spanish TV for free
- The difference between a QUAD LNB and QUATTRO LNB
- Britbox : A new streaming service from the BBC and ITV…but only in the USA
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV