The new launch date for SES Astra 2E – the new UK TV satellite – is given as the 15th September 2013.
Quote from “ILS” – International Launch Services – who launch the satellite:
“The ILS Proton return to flight mission will be the Astra 2E satellite for SES on September 15, 2013. The scheduling of the remainder of the ILS Proton near term manifest for 2013 is currently being determined”
This new launch date is due to the recent failure of a Proton rocket, due to incorrectly installed sensors.
This is the new launch date, it is not the date that channels will start to be moved and transmitted from Astra 2E. That will take place a few weeks after launch, after testing.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released