Reposting this as some people are unaware of this :
It is coming to the time of year, when the sun moves directly behind the satellites, and can mean that for a brief period of time (about 10 mins) you can lose some satellite Tv signals in the morning – between about 1030 and 11 30.
This is basically because the suns energy swamps the weaker signals (eg BBC itv) causing a brief period of channel loss.
The channels should return by themselves once the sun moves out of the way
Smaller dishes will be affected more than larger dishes.
On “big” prime focus satellite dishes you can tell when this is happening, as the shadow of the LNB is right in the centre of the dish – indicating the dish is pointing directly towards the sun and satellites. And it is a good time to see if there is any shrubbery that is covering the “line of sight” to the dish which can affect reception.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky