As part of the recent deal between the two satellite companies that provide UK satellite TV, SES Astra and Eutelsat (
It is expected to see services such as the Freesat EPG, NHK World, CBS Drama, Bloomberg and True Movies 1 and 2, and the other channels currently broadcast on transponders on the Eutelsat 28A satellite moving across to SES-operated satellites, including Astra 2E, 2F and the forthcoming Astra 2G.
Another reason for this is that the Eutelsat 28A satellite is widely seen as getting towards the end of its operational life.
This may mean a change in reception for the channels currently on Eutelsat 28A.
The Europe beam for the three Astra satellites 2E doesn’t cover the east as well as Eutelsat 28A, so there may be difficult times ahead.
And if the Freesat EPG moves to a UK beam on one of the new Astra satellites, then it may mean that areas that cannot receive that beam may struggle to use their Freesat boxes properly.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- ITV HD satellite changes