As we have mentioned before in a previous post (
some “installers” in Spain and Portugal have been persuading clients to install a satellite system that involves the illegal hacking into the encrypted signal.
This is to overcome the loss of BBC and ITV channels as a result of their recent migration to a new Astra satellite.
The “907 Scam”, as it has become known, relies on codes being made available to “unlock” these encrypted channels.
If you do not have the latest code, then you will not get any channels from this system.
Which can be expensive when some companies are charging up to 600 euros for this system and those codes are not known.
As long as the satellite installers mention this to you , that when codes change you can lose your feeds of UK TV from the Intelsat 907 satellite, then they are covered.
However, some satellite installers have not.
Which is why my inbox if full to day of people who have had this system installed by other companies asking ME why their channels are no longer working.
The answer is simple:
The codes used to unlock these channels were changed at 10am this morning.
You will have to wait until those codes are known, and input into your receive before you can use the system again…which could be hours, day or weeks….
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2020
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Food Network & Travel Channel: new satellite frequencies
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!