U.K.’s Horror Channel Gets Classic ‘Doctor Who’ Episodes
Britain’s Horror Channel, part of the CBS Chello Zone channels partnership, is set to become a new destination for Doctor Who fans here.
The channel has struck a deal with BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the U.K. public broadcaster, to air a best-of selection of episodes of the the cult classic made between 1963 and 1989. Financial details weren’t disclosed.
Launching April 18 with the very first story, An Unearthly Child, starring William Hartnell as the Doctor, the channel will show episodes featuring the first seven Doctors, including Sylvester McCoy as the seventh man in the lead role, in daytime and evening slots.
Highlights promised include a Who on Horror weekend – a classic Doctor Who marathon featuring a story from each of the Doctors across Easter weekend, April 19-21.
Other episodes to air on the Horror Channel include The Sea Devils, Genesis of the Daleks and The Caves of Androzani.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!