U.K.’s Horror Channel Gets Classic ‘Doctor Who’ Episodes
Britain’s Horror Channel, part of the CBS Chello Zone channels partnership, is set to become a new destination for Doctor Who fans here.
The channel has struck a deal with BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the U.K. public broadcaster, to air a best-of selection of episodes of the the cult classic made between 1963 and 1989. Financial details weren’t disclosed.
Launching April 18 with the very first story, An Unearthly Child, starring William Hartnell as the Doctor, the channel will show episodes featuring the first seven Doctors, including Sylvester McCoy as the seventh man in the lead role, in daytime and evening slots.
Highlights promised include a Who on Horror weekend – a classic Doctor Who marathon featuring a story from each of the Doctors across Easter weekend, April 19-21.
Other episodes to air on the Horror Channel include The Sea Devils, Genesis of the Daleks and The Caves of Androzani.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Freesports HD has left Freesat.
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?