Sky has announced to all broadcasters thatthey intend to have slight changes to the Sky Guide EPG channel listings .
This will involve changes to the channel lineup to squeeze out the gaps between channels, and the eventual removal of the Lifestyle genre altogether.
It is thought that the proposed changes will include:
Entertainment will become 101-299
Lifestyle will initially be reduced to 240-259, but the genre will be removed altogether in Autumn 2014.
Sports will become 401 – 489 for free and subscription channels, with Pay-per-View in 490-499. .
Kids will become 601-649.
Shopping will become 650-699
News will continue to have an overspill area in 570-579
Sky plan to make the changes and channel number changes in July 2014 with the Lifestyle genre itself will close “in Autumn 2014”.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Freesports HD has left Freesat.
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?