As we mentioned back in January (http://www.satandpcguy.com/blog/2014/01/new-look-sky-guide-launched-later-year/) Sky will be introducing a new look Sky Guide for their HD boxes.
Sky has overhauled its Sky+ electronic programme guide (Sky Guide) in the biggest shake up of its EPG since 1998.
For the first time ever, On Demand, including Catch Up TV and Sky Store, and the Sky+ Planner now sit alongside channel listings as equal options on a new homepage, so that customers can immediately find the shows they most want to watch, whether live or on demand.
The new-look EPG is being phased in for all Sky+ customers from Tuesday 18th March and will be completed by the end of May.
The update rolling out now means customers can now choose between browsing live channels, catching up on something recently aired, bingeing on a box set, watching a movie or browsing recordings in their Planner – all accessible from a single screen. Icons on the homepage will now include Catch Up TV, TV Box Sets, New Series, Best of On Demand and Sky Store.
The EPG homepage will also now contain a search bar, which will allow BSkyB customers to submit queries based on title, actor, event, channel, sport or keyword.
The change has been introduced to take into account the growing number of BSkyB subscribers choosing to watch TV on their own terms, Sky added.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Freesports HD has left Freesat.
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?