As we mentioned back in January (http://www.satandpcguy.com/blog/2014/01/new-look-sky-guide-launched-later-year/) Sky will be introducing a new look Sky Guide for their HD boxes.
Sky has overhauled its Sky+ electronic programme guide (Sky Guide) in the biggest shake up of its EPG since 1998.
For the first time ever, On Demand, including Catch Up TV and Sky Store, and the Sky+ Planner now sit alongside channel listings as equal options on a new homepage, so that customers can immediately find the shows they most want to watch, whether live or on demand.
The new-look EPG is being phased in for all Sky+ customers from Tuesday 18th March and will be completed by the end of May.
The update rolling out now means customers can now choose between browsing live channels, catching up on something recently aired, bingeing on a box set, watching a movie or browsing recordings in their Planner – all accessible from a single screen. Icons on the homepage will now include Catch Up TV, TV Box Sets, New Series, Best of On Demand and Sky Store.
The EPG homepage will also now contain a search bar, which will allow BSkyB customers to submit queries based on title, actor, event, channel, sport or keyword.
The change has been introduced to take into account the growing number of BSkyB subscribers choosing to watch TV on their own terms, Sky added.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2021
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required
- Sky Channel Number Changes from 1st May 2018 – new channel numbers announced