BT and BSkyB have agreed to share the broadcast rights for the European Rugby Champions Cup and the European Rugby Challenge Cup competitions. These events start in the 2014/15 season and replace the Heineken Cup and the Amlin Cup.
Under the agreement, which covers the first four years of these new competitions, BT and BSkyB will share the matches equally. Pool matches will be split 50:50, both broadcasters will show two quarter finals, one semi-final and the final would be broadcast by both.
This agreement is a pragmatic solution to the wrangle over European Rugby broadcast rights which had followed from the decision to restructure the competitions. Extrapolating the agreement to other sports, particularly Premiership football, is probably a step too far at this time given that European Rugby was something of a special situation.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released