BT and BSkyB have agreed to share the broadcast rights for the European Rugby Champions Cup and the European Rugby Challenge Cup competitions. These events start in the 2014/15 season and replace the Heineken Cup and the Amlin Cup.
Under the agreement, which covers the first four years of these new competitions, BT and BSkyB will share the matches equally. Pool matches will be split 50:50, both broadcasters will show two quarter finals, one semi-final and the final would be broadcast by both.
This agreement is a pragmatic solution to the wrangle over European Rugby broadcast rights which had followed from the decision to restructure the competitions. Extrapolating the agreement to other sports, particularly Premiership football, is probably a step too far at this time given that European Rugby was something of a special situation.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2021
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required
- Sky Channel Number Changes from 1st May 2018 – new channel numbers announced