How can I watch Freeview in Spain?
The simple answer is that you cannot watch freeview in Spain.
This is because you cannot receive the freeview signals in Spain.
Freeview is transmitted in the UK by the local TV transmitters and is received by a TV aerial.
The freeview transmissions from the TV transmitter masts simply do not reach Spain. In fact the freeview transmissions do not actual cover the UK 100% either!
The nearest freeview transmitter to Spain is in the Channel Islands. But again the transmission from this mast are simply not strong enough to reach Spain.
So you cannot receive freeview in Spain.
However, many of the channels on freeview are available on Freesat, which is available in Spain.
Freesat is transmitted from satellites and are received using a satellite dish. Freesat was designed to help in provide digital TV in the UK for areas that could not receive freeview signals.
More information on freeview available here:
Freeview is not the same as Freesat – a common misconception. Even by some satellite installers here in Spain do not know the difference and still to this day advertise freeview as being available in Spain.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Three launch date announce
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Paramount Network TV channel to name change to 5Action
- 4k Freesat Boxes get large update
- Australian Open Tennis 2022 – UK TV Coverage – European TV Coverage
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Is Channel 4 HD returning to Freesat soon?
- BBC Top 20 over the festive period