If you are using an illegal card sharing system to receive your Sky channels, then you ,may have noticed you have this week lost a few HD channels.
Channels gone so far..
Sky Arts 1 HD
Sky Arts 2 HD
National Geographic UK
This is due to new encryption being deployed by Sky and their encryption service to try and combat the illegal sharing of their channels on these card sharing systems.
For people receiving their Sky TV using cardsharing, the lost of these HD channels will be just the start. You can expect further Sky HD channels to be lost in the coming weeks.
Just one of the “problems” that the providers and installers of these systems may not have mentioned to you when you got the system.
The channels are still available in Standard Definition (SD).
Channels continue to work fine with an official Sky card in an official Sky box.
This is taken from a post on another forum
A good friend of mine works for Sly technical department has just confirmed that Sky have issued a statement this week
advising that “Starting from Today Thursday April 24th 2014 all HD subscription channels will begin changing codec and broadcasting streams to allow for thier new Mpeg 5 EPG system to be launched and added to all HD paired boxes via software upgrades ”
“This new feature similar to that of digital Saorview interactive text and features will take effect from today and will allow users in the immediate future to fully enjoy the new interactive teletext functions to become a main feature going forward into 2015 and beyond ”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- UK TV Problems in the UK in 2021
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- Subtitles on Channel 4 returning soon….for some
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- How to add Channel 4 HD to your Arris UHD-X Freesat box