New research reveals that despite the growth in TV viewing via PC, tablet and smartphones, 89% of viewers still regularly use the TV to watch their content live – with 85% also stating that the TV is their preferred screen.
The research from global broadcast solutions provider BroadStream Solutions, who polled a representative sample of the UK population in conjunction with YouGov, also found that 83% of Brits still use the TV as a social hub for the household, opting to all watch in the same room – like something out of Royle Family or Goggle Box.
According to the data, When it comes to entertainment shows like Britain’s Got Talent, The Voice or X Factor, of those consumers that watch these programmes 81% prefer to do so on TV and live rather than on catch-up or using any other device. Similarly, with sports events like the 6 Nations Rugby or Wimbledon, of those that watched these match-ups last year 88% preferred to do so live and on a television.
“The range of services now available to consumers certainly gives them the opportunity to consume TV content in new ways, but the focal point of the living room is increasingly becoming the TV once again. It is traditional ‘live’ TV that continues to be the cornerstone of any broadcaster’s service, offering the viewer a constant reference point throughout their viewing experience,” commented Mark Errington, CEO, BroadStream Solutions.
“We also can’t forget that news, sport, and entertainment are all areas that people still want to watch in real-time, whether it’s in order to vote on X Factor or watch their favourite football team, these are events that simply don’t have the same impact when recorded.”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Red Button Olympic Frequencies
- Power Cuts? No Satellite Signal on your Sky HD box? Here is how to reset a Sky digibox with an alternative default transponder frequency setting.
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Lost your BBC channels on “BBC SATBACK” using Intelsat 907…BISS code change
- Man Jailed Two Years for Charging £300,000 to Watch Premier League Matches Online