Sky HD digibox software updates :
Sky have started to roll out new software to it’s Sky+HD digiboxes.
The new version started to be rolled out to boxes mid August.
The new software will be rolled out to all sky+HD boxes over the next few weeks.
Amongst the updates, Sky have now updated the Manual Tuning Options.
You can now have:
the option to change the Symbol rate to 22.0, 27.5 and 29.5
the option to change the FEC to from 1/2 to 9/10
the option to change the broadcast standard to DVB-S or DVB-S2
the option to change the Modulation standard to QPSK or 8PSK
These changes now make it possible to manually add all HD channels, to your Sky boxes “Other Channels” list.
Previously the frequency parameters used by many HD channels (a symbol rate of 29.5 for example) were unavailable on a Sky box.
However, this will only be of benefit should you wish to add an alternate ITV1 HD regional variation to your Sky box, as all other HD channels are available already on the Sky HD channel list.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- ITV1+1 gone from older Sky Digiboxes