Sky HD digibox software updates :
Sky have started to roll out new software to it’s Sky+HD digiboxes.
The new version started to be rolled out to boxes mid August.
The new software will be rolled out to all sky+HD boxes over the next few weeks.
Amongst the updates, Sky have now updated the Manual Tuning Options.
You can now have:
the option to change the Symbol rate to 22.0, 27.5 and 29.5
the option to change the FEC to from 1/2 to 9/10
the option to change the broadcast standard to DVB-S or DVB-S2
the option to change the Modulation standard to QPSK or 8PSK
These changes now make it possible to manually add all HD channels, to your Sky boxes “Other Channels” list.
Previously the frequency parameters used by many HD channels (a symbol rate of 29.5 for example) were unavailable on a Sky box.
However, this will only be of benefit should you wish to add an alternate ITV1 HD regional variation to your Sky box, as all other HD channels are available already on the Sky HD channel list.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2020
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Food Network & Travel Channel: new satellite frequencies
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Channels available on Freesat TV
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies