Sky HD digibox software updates :
Sky have started to roll out new software to it’s Sky+HD digiboxes.
The new version started to be rolled out to boxes mid August.
The new software will be rolled out to all sky+HD boxes over the next few weeks.
Amongst the updates, Sky have now updated the Manual Tuning Options.
You can now have:
the option to change the Symbol rate to 22.0, 27.5 and 29.5
the option to change the FEC to from 1/2 to 9/10
the option to change the broadcast standard to DVB-S or DVB-S2
the option to change the Modulation standard to QPSK or 8PSK
These changes now make it possible to manually add all HD channels, to your Sky boxes “Other Channels” list.
Previously the frequency parameters used by many HD channels (a symbol rate of 29.5 for example) were unavailable on a Sky box.
However, this will only be of benefit should you wish to add an alternate ITV1 HD regional variation to your Sky box, as all other HD channels are available already on the Sky HD channel list.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- More ITV channels changing frequencies?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021