Spanish pay-television broadcaster Gol T and commercial broadcaster Atresmedia have acquired rights for football’s Uefa Champions League European club tournament.
The rights will cover three seasons, from 2015-16 to 2017-18.
Gol T, which is operated by the Mediapro agency, acquired live rights for all of the tournament’s matches.
Atresmedia, which will exploit rights on the Antena 3 channel, will show one game live per match week on Tuesday evenings.
Both deals include coverage of the Uefa Super Cup, the annual match between the winners of the Champions League and Europa League, according to the EFE news agency.
The rights were acquired from the Team Marketing agency, the rights distribution partner of Uefa, football’s European governing body.
The rights-holders in the current three-year cycle, which will expire at the end of the 2014-15 season, are public-service broadcaster TVE, Catalan public-service broadcaster TV3 and national pay-television broadcaster Canal Plus, which changed its name from Digital Plus in 2011.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- BBC Red Button Olympic Frequencies
- Power Cuts? No Satellite Signal on your Sky HD box? Here is how to reset a Sky digibox with an alternative default transponder frequency setting.
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Lost your BBC channels on “BBC SATBACK” using Intelsat 907…BISS code change
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021