Cardsharing is an method of sharing one subscription to multiple satellite receivers via the internet.
As pay TV companies increase their subscriptions, these systems have become more and more popular.
Cardsharing on the Costa Blanca and Spain is rife, with many installers and well known distributors offering these systems – usually without informing the clients about the pitfalls of these systems.
Earlier this year, card sharing systems lost the Sky Italia HD channels due to new encryption and security.
This was then moved to Sky UK, and the Sky HD channels were lost to the card sharing system. But installers still offered these systems, with some still advertising “Full Sky HD” on these system, when clearly all the Sky HD channels are not available.
As we reported:
It was thought that the SD Sky channels would be safe.
However, this week SD channels have started to be lost from the Sky Italia card sharing systems.
Although one or two SD Sky Italia channels are still clearing, many of them are “blocked” or “scrambled”.
The question is, how long will it be before Sky UK follow Sky Italia’s lead, and the Sky UK channels are lost on these cardsharing systems.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Freesports HD has left Freesat.
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?