Cardsharing is an method of sharing one subscription to multiple satellite receivers via the internet.
As pay TV companies increase their subscriptions, these systems have become more and more popular.
Cardsharing on the Costa Blanca and Spain is rife, with many installers and well known distributors offering these systems – usually without informing the clients about the pitfalls of these systems.
Earlier this year, card sharing systems lost the Sky Italia HD channels due to new encryption and security.
This was then moved to Sky UK, and the Sky HD channels were lost to the card sharing system. But installers still offered these systems, with some still advertising “Full Sky HD” on these system, when clearly all the Sky HD channels are not available.
As we reported:
It was thought that the SD Sky channels would be safe.
However, this week SD channels have started to be lost from the Sky Italia card sharing systems.
Although one or two SD Sky Italia channels are still clearing, many of them are “blocked” or “scrambled”.
The question is, how long will it be before Sky UK follow Sky Italia’s lead, and the Sky UK channels are lost on these cardsharing systems.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels