Yesterday, November 23, at the Baikonur Cosmodrome State Commission has rolled out the launch vehicle (ILV) “Proton-M” with the upper stage “Breeze-M” and the spacecraft “Astra-2G” to the launch pad.
The transportation of te “Proton-M” to the starting position began this morning at 4:30 am MSK.
Currently, the carrier rocket with the spacecraft “Astra-2G” is located on the launcher.
The work plan for the next few days includes checking equipment and ground equipment ILV launch pad, fueling booster propellant components and compressed gases.
The launch is “Astra-2G” is scheduled for November 28, 2014.
Following the State Review Board’s decision, the Proton M/Astra 2G integrated launch vehicle (ILV) was rolled out to Launch Complex at 4:30 am (Moscow Time) earlier today.The ILV is now installed on its launch pad.
After the ILV roll-out to the service tower, specialists from Khrunichev and other Roscosmos entities proceeded with the operations specified for the Day 1 of the countdown schedule.
The launch of Astra-2G is scheduled for 28 November. This will be 7th launch for the Proton in 2014 and the 400th Proton mission since 1965.
Proton M was contracted for the launch of Astra 2G by International Launch Services Inc. (ILS). The controlling interest in ILS is held by the Khrunichev Space Center which is the designer and manufacturer of the Proton booster and Breeze M upper stage.
Astra 2G Satellite Information – Reception in Costa Blanca and Spain
Astra 2G Satellite Information – Signal Footprint Reception Maps
Astra 2G Satellite Information – Transponders, Frequencies and Channels
Astra 2G Satellite Information – Images and Pictures
Astra 2G Satellite Specifications and Launch Details
Astra 2G News Updates and Testing Information – this page
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Recommended Internet Speeds for IPTV
- 2013 Singapore Grand Prix – Sky Sports F 1 HD Trailer
- Free F1 on German RTL to end
- BBC channel numbers on Sky TV
- Loss of UK TV channels in Spain – some questions and answers