Spanish TV is due for a few changes in the next few months.
Several Spanish TV channels, that you receive via a TV aerial, are schedule to change frequencies.
This is due to their current frequencies due to be sold off to mobile phone operators for 3G and 4G.
The deadline for his change over was the 31st De3cember 2014.
However, The Spanish government has bowed to the pressure of the industry to delay the switch off until March 31st 2015
For most people, the changes to Spanish TV will simply mean performing a rescan for channels on their set top box or TV
However, those in apartment blocks or communities will have to wait until their “signal head end” is adapted to the new frequencies.
This new delay is due to the fact that by October 2014 less than 10%, and estimates for December 2014 say less than 50%, of buildings in Spain have been adapted for the new Spanish TV frequencies.
Spanish TV channels will continue to be “simulacast” on both old and new frequencies until the new deadline.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Freesports HD has left Freesat.
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?