BBC Top Gear tops Christmas Iplayer Downloads
Top Gear toppled Doctor Who from the top of the BBC’s iPlayer Christmas charts as on-demand viewing continued to boom, up 25% year on year.
There were more than 2m requests to view the first part of Top Gear’s controversial Patagonia special, broadcast on BBC2 on 27 December.
There were another 1.5m requests for the second half of the Top Gear special on iPlayer which aired on BBC2 a day later.
Doctor Who, which topped the festive iPlayer charts for the last two years, slipped to ninth spot with 1m requests during a nine-day period over Christmas, according to figures published by the BBC on Wednesday. It echoed the drop in the TV audience for the Doctor Who Christmas special, which fell to 8.3 million from 11.1 million viewers in 2013, the biggest drop of any of the most popular Christmas Day shows.
Christmas week on the iPlayer – top 20 programmes – iPlayer requests, 22 to 30 December 2014
1 Top Gear Patagonia Special, Part 1, 2.08 million
2 EastEnders, Christmas Day, 1.69 million
3 Top Gear, Patagonia Special, Part 2, 1.55 million
4 EastEnders, Boxing Day, 1.43 million
5 The Apprentice final, 21 December, 1.31 million
6 Miranda, Christmas Day, 1.26 million
7 EastEnders, 23 December, 1.15 million
8 EastEnders, 24 December, 1.11 million
9 Doctor Who, Christmas Day, 1.07 million
10 The Boy In The Dress, Boxing Day, 1.06 million
11 EastEnders, 22 December, 1.06 million
12 Mrs Brown’s Boys, Christmas Day, 976,900
13 EastEnders, 29 December, 971,800
14 Call The Midwife, Christmas Day, 948,800
15 The Wrong Mans, part 1, 22 December, 655,000
16 EastEnders, 30 December, 643,300
17 Not Going Out, 24 December, 494,900
18 Gangsta Granny, 30 December, 488,100
19 Match of the Day, Boxing Day, 470,900
20 The Wrong Mans, part 2, 23 December, 454,500
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.