Astra 2A frequencies moved to Astra 2E and 2F
Today, it appears that frequencies on the old Astra 2A satellite have been moved to the newer Astra 2E and Astra 2G satellites.
For us in Spain, it means that those channels on the harder to receive Astra 2A north beam, should be easier to receive than before.
When channels were on the Astra 2A north beam, even larger 2.4m dishes could struggle to receive the channels 24/7, especially mid afternoon.
Now these channels can be received 24/7 on much smaller 90×100 “1m” satellite dishes.
Expats in Spain should now have better reception for many Sky channels, channels like Challenge, Eurosport 2, Sky Sports 4, Sky Sports News, Sky Arts 2, Sky Modern Greats HD, Sky Drama HD, Sky Monsters HD, Sky Comedy HD, Sky Disney HD, Good Food HD, TCM HD, Sky Action HD, NatGeo Wild HD, History, TLC HD, Film4 HD, and More 4 HD.
But whilst it is good news for Sky TV expats in Spain, for viewers in the east, like Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland, this has resulted in a loss of these channels using “small” satellite dishes, as the new beam does not cover those areas like the old beam used to.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2020
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Food Network & Travel Channel: new satellite frequencies
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!