The frequency used for Sky News and Pick TV (and a few other Sky channels) is changing this week.
Currently the frequency 12207 V has an FEC of 2/3.
On the 16th April 2015 at 0430, the FEC for this frequency will change to 5/6
Users with Sky, Sky+,Sky HD and Sky+HD digiboxes will not have to do anything, as their boxes will automatically update to the new frequencies.
Similarly, users with Freesat receivers will also not have to do anything, as their boxes will automatically update to the new frequencies.
However, if you are using another type of satellite receiver, like a such as GI, Galaxy Innovations, Iberosat, Ferguson Ariva, will have to manually update the frequency / transponder settings in the receiver, and then perform a scan of the transponder with the new settings.
If not then you will lose access to the following channels :
Sky Sports 5, Sky Sports 2, Sky News, Sky News Ireland, Pick TV, Pick TV+1, Sky Two, Community Channel
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Freesports HD has left Freesat.
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?