Mayweather / Pacquiao and the fight against internet piracy
A Filipino IT professor has been arrested by local authorities on suspicion of running a pirate streaming site. According to ABS-CBN the professor planned to illegally stream the Mayweather / Pacquiao fight. In addition to a criminal investigation the man faces millions of dollars in damages in U.S. court.
Further HBO and Showtime are not known to go after pirate sites, but the upcoming Mayweather v Pacquiao fight has proven to be an exception. Together with Mayweather Promotions and Top Rank Boxing the companies have sued two websites that announced intentions to stream the fight this weekend.
In a unique pre-piracy case, the companies accuse the sites’ owners of various copyright related offenses of an event that has yet to take place
The lawsuit has already had some effect as boxinghd.net has thrown in the towel and is no longer advertising the fight.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- Unboxing a new Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver