Astra 2G, the third and final new UK TV satellite, has today reached its test location at 43 east.
Several transponders have been fired up as testing started almost immediately after it reached 43 east.
Transponder frequencies found to be active include : 11616 H, 11613 H, 11692 V, and 11224 H.
These frequencies are frequencies that are currently on Eutelsat 28A. Some have speculated that when Astra 2G comes into full operation at 28 east, its main mission will be to take over the Eutelsat 28A frequencies.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?