The Football League has struck a deal with Channel 5 to air a weekly highlights show in prime time on Saturday evenings.
The deal, struck for the next three seasons, marks the first time that Football League matches will be shown in prime time.
Channel 5, which will air a weekly 90-minute show at 9pm starting next season, takes over from the BBC which had aired highlights after Match of the Day, usually starting just before midnight and ending after 1am.
The deal, which lasts for three years will see Match footage, including every single goal, from matches in all three divisions of the Sky Bet Football League will be broadcast in a new 90 minute show aired at 9.00pm every week.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- ITV HD satellite changes
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels