As mentioned in a previous post ( http://www.satandpcguy.com/blog/2015/05/uk-satellite-tv-reception-problems/ ) preparations are taking place to move channels from Eutelsat 28A to the new Astra 2G satellite.
And last night some of those preparations took place.
A number of channels on 4 frequencies on Eutelsat 28A moved to the Astra 2F satellite.
Interestingly they have been moved to the UK beam of the 2F satellite.
And not the European beam.
This will mean that these channels may have been lost for some viewers in southern Spain, Portugal, South of France and Italy, as their satellite dishes are now too small to receive these channels on their new “temporary” beam.
It is unknown if these channels will remain on a UK beam or be on the European bean if and when they move to their permanent home Astra 2G.
Channel and frequencies affected include:
11307 V 27500 2/3
Flava , Bliss , Scuzz, Chart Show Dance, True Movies 1, True Movies 2, Tiny Pop, Starz (UK), Pop, Tiny Pop +1, Kix!, The Vault, PopGirl, Chart Show TV, True Entertainment, True Drama
11307 H 27500 2/3
Universal Channel UK +1 , LFC TV, Ideal World, Create and Craft, Syfy UK, Universal Channel UK, Universal Channel Ireland, Movies 24, Syfy UK +1
11343 V 27500 2/3
CBS Drama, At The Races Ireland, Babestation, S4C
11344 H 27500 2/3
E! Ireland, E! UK, Angling TV, BT Sport Extra, BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, ESPN UK, BT Sport mosaic.
Note the channels have not changed frequencies. They have simply moved satellites and satellite beams.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Freesports HD has left Freesat.
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?