Netflix has confirmed that it will launch in Spain this October.
Netflix also confirmed its will be priced similarly to that in other European countries.
Reed Hastings, the company’s co-founder and CEO, said that he thinks Spain will become one of its most successful markets due to the high connection rate, familiarity with electronic commerce and the interest already shown in Netflix.
Piracy concerns In Spain also existed in the Netherlands and Canada, and in each case Netflix has become successful. “We can think of this as the bottled water business. Tap water can be drunk and is free, but there is still a public that demands bottled water”.
Commenting on agreements with existing players in Spain, Hastings said that it has a good relationship with Telefónica, having already worked with the company in Latin America.
The cost of the service, which will be available in both Spanish and original language, will be comparable to that in other European markets (around €8 a month).
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2021
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- Can you watch the 4K Demo channel on the Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver ?
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- CBS Reality and CBS Action change frequencies.