In our previous post ( http://www.satandpcguy.com/blog/2015/06/astra-2g-new-uk-tv-satellite-news-update/ ) , we said “will be at 28 east by the 15th June.”
And we were correct.
Astra 2G arrived at 28 east, the UK TV slot, early this morning.
Over the next few weeks channels will slowly be migrated from Eutelsat 28A,and maybe Astra 2e and Astra 2F, onto the UK and European beams of Astra 2G.
There are rumours that some channels may be moving over to Astra 2G tonight.
And another rumour suggest some ITV channels may also move to Astra 2G in the next few days.
This is presumably to help “spread the load”, spreading the number of channels on the UK beams across the three satellites.
Reception of Astra 2Gs UK and European beams are expected to be similar to that of the UK and European beam on Astra 2E and Astra 2F.
For some areas of Europe, reception of some channels may improve. For other areas, reception of some channels may deteriorate.
(Cue IPTV and Android XBMC Kodi Costas Smart Brit Boxes sellers ( see also http://www.satandpcguy.com/blog/2015/06/xmbc-kodi-android-tv-box-sellers-raided-by-police-for-copyright-infringement/ ) to proclaim the end of the world as we know it, unless you buy their systems!)
However, until Astra 2G is fired up and transmitting, exact reception in specific areas will not be known.
More information on Astra 2G on the links below:
Astra 2G Satellite Information – Reception in Costa Blanca and Spain
Astra 2G Satellite Information – Signal Footprint Reception Maps
Astra 2G Satellite Information – Transponders, Frequencies and Channels
Astra 2G Satellite Information – Images and Pictures
Astra 2G Satellite Specifications and Launch Details
Astra 2G News Updates and Testing Information
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels