Nothing is 100% certain at the moment but there are reports that a number of frequencies and channels moved to the new Astra 2G satellite over night.
This was slightly unexpected, as it was thought that they would remain on Astra 2E and Astra 2F.
However, it may be that they needed to move to help “spread the load” over the three Astra satellites.
Reports say the following moved early hours on the 17th June 2015:
10.964 H Channel 5
10.994 H ITV
11.024 H BBC HD
11.053 H ITV
11.067 V ITV
11.097 V ITV
11.127 V Channel 4 HD
Personally I have notice very little change in reception, on any of my satellite dishes.
However, as satellites are not 100% exactly the same, if the moves have happened, some areas may be noticing a drop in signals, and maybe a loss of some of these channels. It will probably mean your dish is now just a tad too small to receive these signals for your area.
If you are experiencing issues with these channels, especially since today – 17th June 2015 – please contact us ( email : email@example.com ) with your location, dish size, and your reception for Channel Five, BBC News HD, ITV1 HD, and Channel 4 HD.
According to one source :
The first commercial use of 2G is scheduled for 01:00 on 18th June with the firing up of the 28A D7, D8, D11 transponders on interim temporary TPs on 2G .
Then at 05:30 the same night, the ‘in earnest migration of the C1U and C1L transponders from Astra 28A to their permanent slots on the 2G bird. Viewers with Sky and Freesat boxes shouldn’t see anything other than a few minutes’ break if they happen to be watching an affected channel.
For information :
Eutelsat 28A D7 transponder carries Discovery channels.
Eutelsat 28A D8 transponder carries BT Sport HD channels.
Eutelsat 28A D11 transponder carries Zee Tv channels.
Eutelsat 28A C1U transponder carries Vintage TV, Horror Channel, Travel Channel+1 channels.
Eutelsat 28A C1L transponder carries Now MUsic, Filmon TV, channels.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- SkyEspaña set to close on 1st September
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- First image for the new Arris Freesat receiver
- Sky / Freesat channel changes – many channels moving satellites from Eutelsat to Astra
- Viacom to close at least 6 UK satellite channels soon