Channel Five satellite changes in the next few weeks.
In the next few week, there will be some technical changes happening to Channel Five on satellite.
In the past Channel Five have operated five regional variations of Channel Five, for more specific advertising.
Earlier this year, since 1st August 2015, there has been just one national version of Channel 5, showing the same adverts.
Now in the next couple of weeks, four of the Channel Five regional variations will close, leaving just one feed covering the whole of the UK.
Due to these changes, all regions of the UK will mapped to a single set of programme data.
This change will affect viewer recordings and series links for Channel Five.
The changes will affect the following regions on the following dates:
•Scotland – 23 November 2015
•North of England – 30 November 2015
•Northern Ireland and London – 7 December 2015
Sky is advising its Sky+ customers to check their planned recordings.
Sky is advising viewers to go to the Sky+ planner after the “relevant date” listed above, delete any scheduled recordings on Channel 5 and then go to Channel 5 in the programme guide (105 for SD customers and 171 for HD customers) and reselect the shows you’d like to record and reset any series links.
Viewers in Central and southern England (not London) and Wales are not affected. That’s because the former regional variant for these areas now serves as the single national version of Channel 5, and viewers don’t need migrating.
Channel 5+1 and Channel 5 HD are unaffected by the changes, regardless where you are in the UK.
Freesat hasn’t yet commented on how the changes might affect viewers with their service in the coming weeks, as Freesat’s programme data is also broadcast alongside Sky’s data.
Users with other satellite receivers will already be able to see all of the Channel Five regional variations, but after the dates specified only one of those will be working.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Freesports HD has left Freesat.
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?