Google has announced that it will stop supporting its Chrome browser on Windows XP and Windows Vista from April 2016, leaving users without updates or security fixes.
The company will also cease Chrome support for older versions of Apple’s desktop operating system, Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8.
The company’s director of engineering, Marc Pawliger, said in a blog post that these older platforms are missing critical security updates and have a greater potential to be infected by viruses and malware.
“If you are still on one of these unsupported platforms, we encourage you to move to a newer operating system to ensure that you continue to receive the latest Chrome versions and features,” he said.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- More ITV SD channel frequency changes today
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West