Is Channel 5 HD coming to Freesat soon?
What has lead to this speculation?
Well, on Friday on the Channel Five satellite transponder, 10964 H 22 5/6, new label has appeared.
This label is tagged as “7750”
It is currently encrypted, but it is configured as HD.
With Channel Five closing its regional variations and only running one regional variation, this leaves enough room on this frequency for Channel Five HD.
This would be a great addition of Freesat, as current Channel Five HD is a Sky HD subscription channel.
Channel Five HD is currently on the European beam, and so easily available across most of Western Europe, including southern Spain.
A move to the Channel Five transponder 10964 would mean the loss of Channel Five for southern Spain, as this frequency is on the UK Beam.
The move would mean that all five of the main UK TV channels are available in HD via satellite subscription free.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Viacom to close at least 6 UK satellite channels soon
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- Sky Q – Bundle and equipment details