No more Sky Software Updates for Pace TDS850NB, Samsung HDSKY & Amstrad DRX780 Sky+HD digiboxes
Sky will no longer be providing software updated for some of the older Sky+HD digiboxes.
There will be no more Sky software updates for Pace TDS850NB, Samsung HDSKY & Amstrad DRX780 Sky+HD digiboxes.
This is due to hardware limitations of these Sky digiboxes.
Presumably the new software requires a but more memory and power, which these Sky+HD digiboxes cannot handle.
Users with one of the above mentioned Sky+HD boxes will not receive any future software updates that add any additional features or enhancements to the Sky Guide.
Theses Sky+HD digiboxes will still continue to operate as they currently do, but will no longer receive software updates to enhance the features on the Sky Guide. Many of the recent updates are for the Sky On Demand service, whose availability in our service area is “tricky”.
The forced manual software upgrade on the Pace TDS850NB, Samsung HDSKY & Amstrad DRX780 Sky+HD digiboxes will no longer work,as the stream with the update for these digiboxes is no longer active. this means that it is no-longer possible to force update the software on these boxes. However providing you leave the box plugged into the mains and connected to the satellite dish. The box will eventually update automatically to the latest release of software available for it.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?