Channel 5 HD, Channel 5’s high definition channel, has today moved from the European beam to the UK beam.
The move has been made from a Sky operated transponder, to a transponder controlled by Channel 5.
It joins the rest of the Channel Five group of channels, including 5STAR and Spike
Channel Fives new frequency is :
Symbol Rate 22000
Sky digibox es automatically update to the new frequencies.
However, the move from the European beam to the UK beam may mean loss of Channel Five HD to some areas of Southern Spain, and Portugal.
It is thought that the move to a UK beam may be in anticipation of Channel 5 HD becoming free to air, and available on Freesat. This is more so as in the last few days Ofcom have granted a license for Channel 5 HD on Freeview.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2020
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Food Network & Travel Channel: new satellite frequencies
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Channels available on Freesat TV
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?