Channel Five HD has been added to the small number of UK TV channels on the Intelsat 907 satellite.
Intelsat 907 satellite is located at 27.5 West.
The UK TV channels on Intelsat 907 as provided by Arqiva, for back up purposed should their links to the Freeview masts in the UK fail.
Contrary to rumours, the UK TV channels on this satellite are nothing to do with the military, or the fact that it is to provide UK TV to Gibraltar. They are simply a back up for Freeview.
These UK TV channels on Intelsat 907 are encrypted (with BISS codes) and are not for public use.
However, in some areas of Europe, and southern Spain that can no longer receive their main UK TV channels via the official Astra 2 satellite without a 4m satellite dish, then this system is being used as a substitute. It requires a satellite receiver that is usually “modified” or “patched” so that the user can “hack” into the encrypted channels.
Should be noted that with the BBC in the middle of a cost saving exercise, including the recent axing of many parts of its website, one commentator has suggested that when this contract is up for up for renewal, it may not be renewed, especailly if the system is hardly every used.
More information : BBC Satback on Intelsat 907 in Spain
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- ITV HD satellite changes