Sky is to offer its TV customers unlimited free calls and texts through its new mobile service, providing subscribers with an added incentive to stay with the pay TV giant.
SIM-only contracts for the new Sky mobile service will be available from mid-December, with a full market launch in early 2017.
Added sweeteners for customers include the ability to keep their unused data for up to three years, to be redeemed whenever they like, and have the flexibility to change their plan every month. Additionally, Sky TV customers will be able to sync with their Sky+ box, although not the newer Sky Q boxes just yet.
The Sync feature allows customers to create their own personal playlist of favourite shows, wherever they are. Customers can stream programmes over 4G or simply download over Wi-Fi to watch later, without the need for an internet connection or using up their data.
“We felt it was time to shake up the mobile market and give customers a completely new way to manage their mobile plan – something no one else is offering. We’ve designed it based on what people told us they want – it’s easy, flexible and transparent and it puts the customer in control. With £2 billion being wasted each year on unused data in the UK, Sky Mobile customers will only pay for what they use. Plus we’re giving Sky TV customers a fantastic offer which will allow them to get even more value from their subscriptions. It’s time for people to have a smart new way to manage their mobile contract.”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- More ITV channels changing frequencies?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021