ITV Unveils New Hub+ Subscription Offering
Following an extremely successful year since its launch, ITV is to roll out an expansion of The ITV Hub offering a tiered ‘freemium’ service allowing users to pay for enhanced features including not receiving adverts.
ITV Hub+ gives users the opportunity to subscribe for £3.99 to enjoy all their favourite ITV content with no interruptions. The service has run as a successful pilot on iOS devices only, but is due to be rolled out across more platforms and with the addition of new functionality.
ITV is the only commercial broadcaster in the UK to offer these settings, giving the audience more choice in how they spend their time watching ITV content. Hub+ is built into the current ITV Hub, offering viewers all of the content available on the service.
This Christmas ITV will introduce downloads on ios devices, allowing Hub+ users the opportunity to watch ITV programmes on the Hub offline, or without an internet connection and making ITV the first broadcaster to launch a download service using Apple’s native streaming technology.
In the coming months, Hub+ users will be able to access their service on PC browsers and connected TVs.
The Hub was launched one year ago replacing the previous ITV Player and now has more than 17 million registered users, with half of all 16-24 year olds in the UK registered on the service and a billion long form requests in its first year alone. Consumption (the measure of the number of hours watched) is up by 43%. Live TV accounted for c.30% of all requests. The ITV Hub is now available on 30 different platforms, having recently launched on Google Chromecast, and is due to launch on Xbox in the coming weeks.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- More ITV channels changing frequencies?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021