Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end ?
During this past week, people using cardshare systems to access their Sky pay channels, have been losing some of their channels.
8 channels, all are on the same transponder, are currently not clearing and are blank on cardsharing systems.
The channels affected are :
Astra 2F 12148 H 27500
Sky Living +1
Sky sports 4
Sky sports news HQ
are currently showing “scrambled” messages when trying to access these channels on this one frequency on cardsharing systems.
It has been said that Sky have implemented a change in the encryption data meaning the card share systems cannot currently read the cards properly for about a dozen channels. It looks like these “missing” channels are all on the same frequency / transponder.
Some of these “missing channels” can be found on other frequencies. For example, using Sky Sports 1 UK and not Sky Sports 1 Ireland
Reports suggest that Sky have implemented “Icam” security, the same security that was used when Sky Italia went “dark” a few years ago, and still remains dark to this day.
It could be that we do soon see a “fix”, and these systems will continue. How long this will take is anyone´s guess.
In the meantime, there are some other versions of some of these channels on other frequencies that may still be open.
Or is the beginning of the end of Sky UK cardsharing..? We shall know if more channels disappear from these system in the next few weeks…or if Sky finally announce that they intend to move all their “SD” digibox users to the more secure HD Digiboxes.
This is like a few years ago, when the Sky HD channels slowly were removed from these cardshare systems. Even then people selling these cardshare systems said “it is only temporary” and “there will be a fix soon”…but as yet nothing.
This is probably why, in the last day or so, I have had many calls from people using these systems who have lost Eurosport and asking me for information as, surprise surprise, the person who sold them their cardsharing system is not contactable!
EDIT : Well we did say that the closure of Sky UK on cardshare systems would happen from early 2017…as posted by someone who claimed to work for Sky http://www.satandpcguy.com/2014/10/08/sky-cardsharing-coming-end/#comment-781
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- MBC Channels on Arabsat Badr at 26 east changing frequencies