Dave and Home are to launch on the free-to-air satellite service Freesat, giving Freesat users access to all of UKTV’s free channels for the first time.
From 1st August 2017, Dave will be available on Freesat channel 157, with Home appearing on channel 166.
Dave is one of the UK’s most-watched non-PSB channels and hosts a mix of comedy and reality shows, including new and original commissions, established favourites, and hit series from America. Winner of Best Entertainment Channel at the 2016 Broadcast Digital Awards, Dave’s original content includes Taskmaster, Dave Gorman Modern Life is Goodish, Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled, Crackanory, Red Dwarf XI and Dara O’Briain’s Go 8 Bit.
The other channel joining Freesat is Home – the UK’s only dedicated homes channel, bursting with inspirational home and gardens programming such as My Flat-Pack Home, Nick Knowles’ Original Features, Make My Home Bigger, Fantasy Homes by the Sea, and Kitchen SOS. Hit series on Home also include Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, DIY SOS, Escape to the Country, The Hotel Inspector and A Place in the Sun: Home or Away. Home first went free-to-air on Freeview in 2016 and describes itself as providing “welcoming, energetic and stylish programming”.
UKTV first made three of its Freeview channels – Drama, Really and Yesterday – available on Freesat at the end of 2015. The addition of Dave and Home will mean that Freesat viewers will be able to access the same range of UKTV channels as on Freeview.
The Satellite HD versions of these channels will still only be available as part of the Sky HD (Box Sets) Bundle.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- BBC Red Button Olympic Frequencies
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Power Cuts? No Satellite Signal on your Sky HD box? Here is how to reset a Sky digibox with an alternative default transponder frequency setting.