Skys new EFL deal means more games
Sky has signed a deal worth £600 million that will see all midweek English Football League matches available to stream.
The new agreement means that from the start of the 2019/20 season, Sky Sports Football will show up to 183 matches exclusively live each year in the Sky Bet Championship, Sky Bet League One, Sky Bet League Two, Carabao Cup and Checkatrade Trophy – a 26% increase in the number of games on our current deal.
The deal, which will run between 2019 and 2024, also means that teams in the Championship, League One and League Two will be able to stream games live on their sites if Sky is not broadcasting them.
From the 2019/20 season, Sky Sports Football will show up to 183 matches, including the continuation of the Carabao Cup and the Checkatrade Trophy – that’s 26% more than the current deal.
Overall, a maximum of 150 EFL games will be shown per season, including 16 midweek Championship matches and a minimum of 20 League One and League Two matches.
The value of the rights has increased from £88m to £120m per year compared to the existing contract, and the new agreement will see matches from 14:45 BST to 17:15 BST blocked from live streaming.
The agreement includes:
More matches, up to 183 exclusive live games per season
Further 80 midweek Sky Bet Championship games across interactive and digital platforms
15 live matches from the Carabao Cup, including both semi-finals and the Wembley final
Rights to offer live coverage across a range of Sky platforms, including online and on mobile
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required